SAGA NPC covers areas of expertise and applications as to piped gas upstream of and inclusive downstream Industrial Thermoprocessing, CNG, LNG, Biogas and NGV’s within the respective supply value chains.
The core focus is on awareness, sharing of knowledge and compliance in support of a safe and efficient environment.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information in simple terms is identifying information pertaining to a natural person or juristic entity.
SAGA utilises personal information to pursue its legitimate business interests in a manner which is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
SAGA may subject to the Protection of Personal Information Act No 4 of 2013 (“POPI) collect Personal Information:
- indirectly when a person accesses the SAGA website;
- where lawful and reasonable from third parties and publicly available sources.
Use of Your personal information
SAGA may use personal information to:
- to identify a natural person or juristic person;
- to respond to enquiries made through the Site’s fill in forms;
- to act in accordance with consents provided in application forms by our members and or gas practitioners;
- to respond directly to written requests for information, including registrations for newsletters or other specific requests, or to direct contact information to the appropriate SAGA representative;
- to communicate with you about a conference or event. SAGA or its partners may communicate with you about a conference or event hosted or co-sponsored by SAGA or one of its partners. This may include information about the event’s content, event logistics, payment, updates, and any additional meetings, special demonstrations or other customer facilitation that SAGA may provide related to an event for which a person has SAGA may contact participants after the event about the event and related products and services and may share information about participants attendance with their companies.
- post testimonials on the SAGA website which may contain personal information. Prior to posting the testimonial, SAGA obtains the member’s consent to post their name along with their testimonial;
- to detect and prevent fraud and crime;
- to carry out statistical analysis;
- to pursue the legitimate interests of SAGA;
- to act in the interests of SAGA members and or gas practitioners; and
- comply with legislative requirements.
Retention of Your Personal Information
SAGA will only retain personal Information for such period as is necessary giving consideration to the purpose for which the personal information was collected and subsequently processed or for such retention period as is allowed by law.
Consent to Transfer
In the event of transborder flow of personal information (i.e. processing of personal information outside of South Africa) SAGA undertakes to comply with the provisions of section 72 of POPI.
Links to Other Websites
The SAGA website contains links to other websites that are not operated by SAGA. You are encouraged to read the privacy policies of any website you visit.
Changes to this Policy
SAGA may update this Policy from time to time.
You are advised to review this Policy periodically for any changes. Changes to this Policy are effective when they are posted on this page.
Should you wish to access or verify any personal information we have on record, please contact us on:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone number: 011 431 2016