|This course was designed to ensure that all persons working on transmission, distribution and reticulation pipelines or systems within the Natural Gas are trained and formally registered with SAGA to ensure a safer working environment.
This covers the specific knowledge required by an operator to maintain higher-pressure upstream pipeline and / or equipment when working within the transmission, distribution and reticulation environment of Natural Gas:
- Module 1 Gas Operations Awareness
- Module 2 Properties of Natural Gas
- Module 3 Abnormal Operating Conditions
- Module 4 Corrosion Testing
- Module 5 Corrosion Remediation
- Module 6 Atmospheric Corrosion
- Module 7 Pressure Regulation
- Module 8 Leak Investigation
- Module 9 Damage Prevention
- Module 10 Transmission Pipelines
- Module 11 Distribution Pipelines
- Module 12 Reticulation Pipelines
- Module 13 Valve Operations
- Module 14 Commissioning Pipelines
- Module 15 Pipe Joining
||SAGA Office, Randburg
This course is mandatory for practitioners who want to work within the transmission and distribution environment and the course is a pre-requisite for registration as a gas practitioner.
Also refer to ‘Scope and Competency’ for pre-requisite and qualification aspects, click here
Less than 10 delegates
R19,310.00 (excl VAT) per delegate which includes course notes, refreshments and lunch during the day and SAQCC registration fee of R2,080.00 for the first three years. Costs for any other meals, accommodation and travelling are not included in the fee. SAQCC Gas registration fee will increase as from 1 March 2020.
SAGA reserves the right to postpone any course where an insufficient number of bookings have been received. All scheduled dates are provisional and subject to change.
Bookings will only be regarded as confirmed upon the receipt of all required documentation and payment.